The Types of Information We Collect
We collect or receive information in different ways. The types of information We collect or receive depends on how You use and interact with Our Services. In many cases, You can choose the information You provide to Us, although certain information is required for Us to provide the Services. We use and disclose this information for the purposes described further below. The types of information We collect include:
- Account Information such as Your name, e-mail address, telephone number and payment information such as Your credit card details.
- We collect and process location data when You sign up and use the Services. For example, to show You FlashShare Charging Station near Your location, it is necessary to collect and record the physical location of Your device. Data such as the rental location of the Portable Charger and its rental status are also necessary to provide the Services.
- If You link, connect, or login to FlashShare with a third-party service (e.g. Facebook), the third-party service may send Us information such as Your profile information or friends list from that service.
- When You ask for customer service, support or other assistance, You can choose to provide Us with Your contact information so We can better respond to Your requests and We may keep information about Your engagement with Our support services.
- FlashShare collects information from Your browser, computer, or mobile device, which provides Us with technical information such as Your device’s source IP address and when You access or use the Services.
- We receive information about You when We use third party partners such as marketing and advertising partners.
- To help You introduce people to Our Services, You can choose to use Our referral service to tell a friend about Our Services for a discount. When You choose to use Our referral service, We will ask for Your contact’s name and email address and automatically send Your contact a one-time email on Your behalf inviting him or her to use Our Services.
How We Use Information
We use Your information, including information about Your location, to:
- provide the Services to You at Your request including to manage Your account and rental history;
- process payments, subscriptions or donations and any discounts or special offers such as free rental;
- communicate with You about Your account, interactions or transactions including service-related announcements such as changes to Our policies. As allowed by local law, We may also send to You surveys or marketing communications, including information about features and enhancements to Our Services;
- optimize, develop and improve Our Services. To do this We may use third party analytics providers to understand how the Service is being used and to help Us to improve the Services;
- where necessary, to comply with Our legal obligations including to meet regulatory or local law requirements;
- detect, investigate, and prevent activities that may violate FlashShare’s policies or FLASHSHARE PORTABLE POWER TERMS & CONDITIONS Agreement or be illegal which may include sharing information with government agencies outside of Your home country, such as law enforcement agencies;
- collaborate with third parties such as universities and local government authorities, as described below in the “Who Do We Share Your Information With?” section.
Who Do We Share Your Information With?
- Our service providers and partners: We share Your information with Our trusted service providers and partners who provide services to FlashShare such as hosting data and Our infrastructure, processing payments and donations, supporting and improving the Services, performing customer service, or providing marketing and advertising services. For example, We share information with credit card issuers in order to process Your payments and refunds.
- Collaborations with third parties: After removing certain identifiers, such as Your name, phone, and e-mail address (where provided), and combining the resulting information with similar information from other users, FlashShare may use, sell, license, and share Your information, including individual rental records and rental and return location history, with third parties for research, business or other purposes. For example, it’s possible that FlashShare partners with local government authorities to collaborate on research projects such as green energy study and traffic patterns in a city.
- Government, regulatory and law enforcement agencies: We may share Your information if We believe in good faith that it is reasonably necessary to do so for legal reasons, including to meet federal, state, regulatory or local law requirements or as part of a judicial process or to detect, investigate, prevent, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues or to prevent harm or injury to You, members of the public, Our staff, other third parties, or ourselves; or if We need to do so to defend Our legal rights or property, to take action regarding illegal activities or to enforce Our contracts, such as Our FLASHSHARE PORTABLE POWER TERMS & CONDITIONS Agreement.
- FlashShare affiliates: We may share Your information with FlashShare affiliate companies to help provide, maintain and improve the Services. As We grow, We may expand Our corporate family by establishing local subsidiaries or other affiliates as needed, to help Us provide or market the Services.
- Business re-organization: We may also share Your information as part of a sale, merger, change in control, or in preparation for any of these events.
We may also share aggregated, depersonalized, or de-identified information that cannot reasonably be used to identify You with third parties, including the types of third parties listed above.
Our Legal Basis for Using Your Information
- it is necessary to provide the Services and perform Our obligations in accordance with the FLASHSHARE PORTABLE POWER TERMS & CONDITIONS Agreement. For example, We cannot provide the Service unless We collect and process basic information about You and Your location;
- You have provided Your consent to Us processing Your information (in which case You may revoke Your consent at any time);
- necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including, for example, responding to government agency or law enforcement information requests or to establish, exercise or defend legal claims;
- to protect vital interests of Our users, staff, and members of the public both on and off the Services;
- it is permitted by law; We may process data in the public interest; and/or
- the processing is necessary for the purposes of FlashShare’s or third parties’ legitimate interests, provided that We have balanced these against Your fundamental rights and interests.
How Long We Keep Information
We keep Your information for as long as is reasonably necessary to provide the Services to You or until Your account is deleted, whichever is longer, subject to any longer period as may be required by applicable law or notified to You.
When You delete Your account, it may take Us additional time to fully delete Your information from Our databases and system logs. We may also retain information from deleted accounts to prevent fraud, collect fees, enforce the FLASHSHARE PORTABLE POWER TERMS & CONDITIONS Agreement, to comply with Our legal obligations or enforce Our legal rights.
Right to object – Where We process Your information based on legitimate interests, You can object to this processing in certain circumstances. Unless We have compelling legitimate grounds or where it is needed for legal reasons, We will cease processing Your information when You object.
Right of access – You can access much of Your information by logging into Your account. You can also request a copy of the information We have about You and information explaining how the information is used.
Right of rectification – You have the right to request that We rectify inaccurate information about You.
Right of erasure – You have the right, in certain cases, to request that We delete Your information, provided there are valid grounds for doing so and subject to applicable law.
Right to restrict processing – You have the right, in certain cases, to temporarily restrict the processing of Your information by Us, provided there are valid grounds for doing so.
Right to data portability – You may have the right to receive certain of Your information in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and to transmit such information to another controller.
Right to withdraw consent – Where You have previously provided Your consent, such as to send You direct marketing, You have the right to withdraw consent at any time. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal. Furthermore, even in case of a withdrawal, We may continue to use Your information as permitted or required by law.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with Your local supervisory authority for data protection. You can also contact FlashShare at email@example.com.
Your Choices and How You Can Manage Your Information: We believe You should have choices about the collection, use and sharing of Your information. If You do not want FlashShare to collect Your information, please do not use the Services.
Emails and Other Communications: If You would like to change the types of communications You receive from Us, including opting out of promotional communications from Us, You may do so at any time by updating the communication preferences specified in Your account profile. We may continue to send non-promotional communications such as staffing confirmations, and other information about Your use of the Service. If You refer others to Us using Our email functionality, please note that they may choose not to receive any promotional emails from Us in the future by following the opt-out instructions in the email invitation.
Accessing and Managing Your Information: If You have an account with FlashShare, You can review, change or delete Your information by logging into Your account and editing Your profile. You can change Your mobile phone number or email address by using Our in-app change feature. You can delete Your FlashShare account at any time by submitting a request to Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.